Things to know about Marocco
- Maroc Telecom is awesome every where we went including in between we had great data/internet access.
- All payment machines we used were tap and go.
- Only one bank charged a fee for cash withdrawal in Casablanca first day.
- Pedestrian crossings are very different to Australia – they are more advisory. If you start crossing keep going confidently – they will probably stop.
- Watch out for your mobile phone. One of our party had her phone stoled from her hands by fellows on a motor bike. In the Medina at Fes we saw many used phones for sale.Expect to be pulled over daily by police wanting to check papers.
- Accumulate coins and small notes at every opportunity – ideally single dirhams for bathrooms, and 10D coins or 20 and 50 notes for tipping room service and baggage handlers etc.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!